7. The inner courtyard
Returning through the Arms Hall, one reaches a staircase, which leads to a paved courtyard. To the left side, one can see a magnificent Romanesque portal, giving access to the Byzantine Gallery with its beautiful trefoiled windows.
Continuing our way, we enter an interior paved court. Its cobblestones match the original covering of the ground.
In 1667, as a result of a lightning flash, a fire set the chapel and the neighboring buildings ablaze. The roofing of the chapel and of the little palace were heavily damaged.A building on the balcony near the chapel, as well as an adjacent partially wooden one located at the intersection inside the 4th portal, were destroyed.